Job Description Remote Refraction Technician
20/20NOW is seeking Part-time + Full-time COT’s/COMT’s fluent in Spanish who have excellent Refractometry skills, are excited by State-of-the-Art Technology, and are looking to be involved with providing superior patient care. Our 20/20NOW Remote Refraction Technicians perform refractometry using 20/20NOW’s Automated Refracting System ™, with our clients…All out of the comfort of your own home!
Summary of Responsibilities:
To perform remote refractions and performed detailed medical history documentation for patients examined through the Ocular Telehealth comprehensive evaluation.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Refractometry skillset (minus cylinder) with knowledge of:
- Contact lens over-refraction (spherical+ toric lens)
- Trial framing patients
- Clear and effective communicator in person, over the phone, and online.
- Dedicated team player, with great attitude and personality.
- Demonstrates advanced comprehension of the ophthalmic assistant skills as outlined by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) understanding of optics and the ability to perform quality refractometry measurements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personable and empathetic with patient’s needs and concerns.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Advanced comprehension of the principles of optics, refraction.
- Demonstrates computer literacy and familiarity with EMR documentation.
- Adhere to all Compliance rules and regulations.
- Communicates effectively with 20/20NOW leadership regarding issues.
- Other duties as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT).
- Valid proof of JCAHPO Certification
- Ability to work weekends
- Fluency in Spanish