Location: Remote (Full-time)
The Licensing Specialist will process license requests for OMDs and ODs (“Providers”). The Licensing Specialist will partner with internal teams, Providers, and state medical and optometry boards to assist in obtaining state licenses for Providers. Responsible for compiling required documents, researching necessary information, and interacting with licensing boards Providers to obtain licenses in states where Providers may be placed into service, including but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
• Compiles and maintains current and accurate license data base for all Providers.
• Requests, verifies and maintains copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and
any other required licensure documents for all Providers including CAQH.
• Compiles documents, researches, and verifies Provider backgrounds, completion and submission of doctor’s
license applications for appointment and reappointment and acts as a liaison between boards and Providers
obtaining updates on the status of applications and reporting progress to the Providers and management
• Constant follow up with doctors to meet timely deliverables.
• Tracks doctor’s state licenses and certification expirations for all Providers to insure timely renewals.
• Communicates with boards regarding licensure qualifications and specific licensing questions and updates
state profiles accordingly.
• Effectively manage Provider’s information and documentation.
• Monitor certifications and licenses to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Creates ongoing reports using the licensure database as requested by providers and/or management team.
• Identifies discrepancies in provided information and conducting follow-ups with Providers.
• Become familiar and maintain an in-depth knowledge of licensure requirements for individual states.
• Run monthly reports on all Providers for Providers and management team who will have licenses which are
ready to expire within 90 days.
• Ensure receipt of updated or renewal licenses for management’s records.
• Review information with HR on potential new employees to make sure all required licenses and
certifications are current before hiring.